Class of 98 Blog

North Fremont class of 1998 class members please email us pictures and an update about where you've been and what you've been doing for the last 10 years and we will post it on the blog for everyone to see. Please remember to leave out any addresses and phone numbers as this is a public blog. We can also add links to your own blog if you happen to have one. Have fun getting reacquainted with everyone! northfremont1998@yahoo.com

Class Reunion 2013

It was voted upon and decide that we will have a 15 year class reunion. Stevan and Teneille will be in charge. Any ideas or suggestions that you have can be emailed to northfremont1998@yahoo.com Lets make it a great one.

1998

Remember Savage Garden - 'Truly Madly Deeply' ? Or how about Tim McGraw - "Just To See You Smile"? Here are a few statistics from our graduating year. Titanic becomes the highest-grossing film of all time, raking in more than $580 million domestically. The Athena probe finds frozen water on moon. Scientists say ice crystals mixed with soil could provide fuel for rockets exploring solar system (Mar. 5). NBC agrees to fork over $13 million an episode for the next three years for broadcast rights to the top-rated series ER. The total dollar figure, $850 million, eclipses any price ever paid for a television show. Legendary crooner Frank Sinatra dies of a heart attack at age 82. An estimated 76 million viewers watch the last episode of Seinfeld. Super Bowl Denver d. Green Bay (31-24). NBA Championship Chicago d. Utah (4-2). Federal spending: $1675.88 billion. Federal debt: $5750.4 billion. The cost of a first-class stamp: $0.32. President: William J. Clinton Vice President: Albert Gore, Jr. Population: 270,298,524. President accused in White House sex scandal; denies allegations of affair with White House intern, Monica Lewinsky. Life sentence meted out to Terry Nichols, convicted in Oklahoma City bombing fatal to 168 . Iraq ends cooperation with UN arms inspectors (Aug. 5). Clinton orders air strikes (Dec. 16–19). US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania bombed (Aug. 7). US cruise missiles hit suspected terrorist bases in Sudan and Afghanistan. Gasoline in 1998 sold for $1.03 per gallon.


Monday, July 21, 2008

Davey Burrell

I guess I have been in denial that it has already been 10 years since we graduated and all sang, “Hold out your Candle” while playing with glow sticks underneath our robes. After high school, I continued to work at Fall River Electric for a few more years working as a warehouseman/groundsman during the summer months. I attended Idaho State University for a few years studying business. I then decided to go on a mission. I went to Raleigh, NC and had the time of my life meeting and getting acquainted with North Carolinians. They are the nicest people ever! After my mission, I continued to pursue a bachelor’s degree at Idaho State University. I swore up and down that I wasn’t going to get married until I was at least 28. Well, after only being home from my mission in July, I was married in May of the same year I came home from my mission at the young buck’s age of 23. I was very charismatic at the time (and I mean Ted Bundy style) and actually got my wife to ask me to marry her. She was my neighbor at the time. I changed my mind on a degree after I worked for the Bannock Youth Foundation. I found out that I love working with kids. So I decided to go into social work. I graduated from ISU in May of 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in marketing and have been working with kids in children’s mental health ever since. I have been supervising other social workers for the past few years to make sure that they do not place too much negative energy toward the kids or I have to slap them in the jaw and say, “shut your mouth”. I also like to pretend I am “Lumberg” from the movie “Office Space” and I like to ask them if they got that memo. I was recently accepted into graduate school at Boise State University and will begin my graduate studies in August and plan to finish up in May of 2009. I currently reside in the great city of Pocatello with my wife, who is a speech pathologist, and no kids. I obsess about college football, play city soccer, play in basketball tournaments, watch, “How to Catch a Predator” and keep busy all the time. Currently, my wife and I are finishing our basement. I am still up in the air if I will make it to the reunion or not. I would love to see everyone, but if I don’t make it, you can shoot me an e-mail at fottybotch@hotmail.com. Best wishes and lots of sweet love to everyone in NF’s class of 98. I have enclosed pictures of myself when I was in high school and what I look like now when I go out dancing at the Green Triangle on Sunday afternoons.

No comments: